brg_admin | Mar 1, 2019 | 0
2019 Startup Challenge Winners Announced, $25,000 Awarded
Five businesses have been selected from a pool of over 40 applicants in the fourth annual Beaverton Startup Challenge sponsored by the Oregon Technology Business Center (OTBC), West Side Startup Fund angel investors and the City of Beaverton. The Challenge seeks for-profit, early stage growth businesses with the ambition and potential to scale in a national or international market.
The winners of the 2019 Beaverton Startup Challenge are:
- Toolbelt – Online network that allows project-seeking tradesmen and hiring construction firms to quickly connect. (www.toolbelt.work)
- Barcast – Digital signage using customized content on existing video screens in bars to increase sales and engage customers. (www.barcast.tv)
- Text a Lawyer – Mobile app that provides 24×7 access to legal advice on your phone. (www.textalawyerinc.com)
- Bridgetown Analytics – Provides a business insights platform, delivering actionable answers to drive business growth. (www.bridgetownanalytics.com)
- Trovatrip – Platform for arranging life-changing trips around the globe designed and hosted by industry experts with large social-media followings. (www.trovatrip.com)
The goal is to help startups in Beaverton kick-start their business with each winner receiving at least $25,000 in a cash convertible-note investment, mentoring, free office space, and other services for one year at OTBC. The Challenge was started in 2016 by the city with a $50,000 grant to OTBC that was then matched by local angel investors.
OTBC is a non-profit incubator that helps entrepreneurs start and succeed in Beaverton.