BRG Advertisers
BRG Cover Photo

RSSTVFR

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Spread Holiday Cheer for Children in Need

| December 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Spread Holiday Cheer for Children in Need

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue firefighters are dedicated to responding to the fire and emergency medical needs of the community at a moment’s notice. This holiday season, firefighters are asking community members to help them come through for less-fortunate children as well. For more than three decades, the KGW […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Firefighters Support Military Families and USO with Special Campaign

| November 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Firefighters Support Military Families and USO with Special Campaign

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue This Veterans Day, you might see Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue firefighters and personnel around town wearing customized camouflage shirts. Our hope is that they will help raise awareness and support for the work of the United Services Organization, a nonprofit that assists troops through every step of their […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives

| October 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue October is Fire Prevention Month, and Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue wants to remind you to check your smoke alarms. It’s important to hear the beep where you sleep and make sure every bedroom has a working smoke alarm. The majority of people who die in a fire succumb […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Talk to Your Kids About Fire and Life Safety

| September 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Talk to Your Kids About Fire and Life Safety

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue It’s that time again — when Beaverton students will head back to class. And for many students, this may be the school year where they will be trusted to be home alone after school. Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue encourages parents and caregivers to review fire and life safety […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Got Fireworks? Keep it Legal. Keep it Safe!

| July 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Got Fireworks? Keep it Legal. Keep it Safe!

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Oregon law bans fireworks that fly, explode, or travel on the ground more than six feet — this includes bottle rockets, roman candles, firecrackers and M80s. To be legal, purchase all fireworks at a licensed Oregon fireworks stand. Fireworks purchased by mail order or in the state of Washington […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Offers Tips to Prevent Window Falls

| June 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Offers Tips to Prevent Window Falls

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue As we welcome warmer summer weather, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue reminds parents, grandparents, and babysitters that window falls are preventable. Each year, window falls account for about eight deaths and more than 3,300 injuries to young children in the United States. In Oregon, 26 children ages 5 and […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Fall injuries are preventable, safety tips to limit hazards, avoid falls

| May 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Fall injuries are preventable, safety tips to limit hazards, avoid falls

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue As people grow older, the consequences of a fall grow more serious. Unintentional falls are the leading cause of injury deaths for adults ages 65 and older, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries and account for […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Hosts Scout Day for Girls and Boys

| April 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Hosts Scout Day for Girls and Boys

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Scouts from the Beaverton area won’t want to miss an opportunity to learn about fire safety and emergency preparedness from professionals. Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue is hosting a Scout Day on Saturday, April 8, from 10 a.m. to noon at the South Operating Center, 8445 S.W. Elligsen Road, […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Launches Pilot Program to Save Lives, Leveraging Off-Duty Professional Firefighters, Technology and Defibrillators

| March 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: TVF&R Launches Pilot Program to Save Lives, Leveraging Off-Duty Professional Firefighters, Technology and Defibrillators

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue Each year, approximately 350,000 sudden cardiac arrests occur outside a hospital in the United States. Nearly 90 percent of these events prove fatal, and the chance of survival decreases by 10 percent with every passing minute without CPR. Though survival rates in the Pacific Northwest exceed the national average, […]

Continue Reading

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Tips to Carry You Safely into 2017

| January 1, 2017 | 0 Comments
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue: Tips to Carry You Safely into 2017

By Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue With the New Year and resolutions on everyone’s minds, now is the time to think about some personal and home safety tips that can help carry you and your family safely into and through 2017, as well as save you time and money by avoiding winter-related damage to your […]

Continue Reading

BRG Advertisers
Omega Gymnastics