brg_admin | Aug 1, 2019 | 0
Community Submission: The Wrong Type of Body Damage
By Dr. Byren Bell
Is it just me or have you noticed the traffic has gotten worse in Portland and Beaverton? Motor vehicle accidents (MVA) are quite common these days and when there’s more cars on the road the chances of it happening to you go up.
When it happens, lots of people focus on the wrong type of body damage. Obviously the body of the vehicle gets banged up and typically we take the vehicle to the shop for bodywork but forget our own. When a car accident occurs, it creates so much stress and strain on the human frame that it can literally deform the spine when left uncorrected and undetected. Your spine is important!
When you have an accident, make sure your Doctor:
- Is experienced in personal injury and has excellent online reviews.
- Does a proper exam. After all, a problem well known is a problem half-solved.
- Performs the proper diagnostic imaging. Stress x-rays called “flexion/extension studies” are strongly advised to properly analyze and diagnose ligament damage and integrity. A radiologist report is also necessary to document such findings.
- Properly documents a concussion, considering they are so common. Typically, concussion symptoms include dizziness, nausea, headaches and fatigue.
- Documents any complicating factors (with references) such as female victim, poor head-rest restraint, impact with a trailer hitch, prior whiplash, etc.
- Has professional massage services on site. If you’re injured, you don’t need to be driving to two different facilities. Oregon State law allows the use of licensed massage therapist (LMT) in conjunction with chiropractic adjustment to heal the soft tissue injuries.
- Has a network of local medical specialists for any necessary referrals.
In closing, you should know that if an accident or injury occurs, Chiropractic Physicians are perfectly equipped to get you back to your regular routine. When a thorough Doctor solves the problem (not being symptom-focused), then the issues are unlikely to return.
Dr. Bryen A. Bell is a Board-Certified Chiropractic Physician with 17 years of professional experience. He practices with his wife and operate True Potential Chiropractic, a professionally endorsed, award-winning family care facility. Questions regarding any information in this article please contact 503-574-4872. Or visit them online at tpcportland.com.