brg_admin | Aug 1, 2019 | 0
Traveling alone: it’s a wonderful and empowering experience
- Do you have a destination on your bucket list that is calling your name?
- Don’t wait around trying to find a travel companion. Go see it!
Traveling alone is a wonderful and empowering experience.
An increase in independent travelers has led to cruise lines and tour operators finding new ways to appeal to those who are planning for a party of one. Single supplements and surcharges that once made solo travel expensive are being waived for select cruises and tours. Many cruise lines are offering single occupancy cabins with onboard amenities as well as providing shared space for mixing and mingling. Likewise, many hotels and resorts are rolling out the red carpet for solo guests. Your travel agent can help you to plan your ideal vacation and make sure you stay in safe parts of town and get to your “must-see” stops with ease. Strike out on your own to discover a new corner of the world and maybe a little about yourself along the way.
Cruising SOLO –
Studios are the perfect sized room for solo cruising and the Solo cabins, along with the private studio lounge, are a great way to meet other single cruisers.
Imagine—no pressure to do anything except for what you want to do.
Eat, drink, explore museums, or nap on the beach. Not to mention, you’re completely open to meeting other solo cruisers with events like Sailing Solo & Mingle or Social Local Hours. You’ll quickly find that traveling single, do not have to be any different than traveling with others—it’s all about your attitude and openness to breaking out of your comfort zone.
Top SOLO Destinations –
- Costa Rica (popular areas: San Jose, Guanacaste, Jaco Beach)
- Tuscany Italy (Popular Cities: Florence, Pisa)
- Mykonos, Greece
- Switzerland (Popular cities: Zurich, Lucerne, Basel)
- Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon)
- Porto Portugal
- Bosnia/Herzegovina (So. Coastline)
Top 5 SOLO Safety Tips –
- Dress like a local & Trust your instincts
- Try to get a hotel room next to the front desk
- Don’t tell people where you’re staying or give out your room/cabin number
- If you feel uncomfortable alone, join a day tour.
- Book a few things in advance
By Joyce Bates: Sun Connections Travel & Cruises is located in Beaverton and has become the ‘go to’ travel agency for all occasions. www.sunconnections.com. For more information or to book your next trip, call 503-655-4850 or email Joyce@sunconnections.com. **Travel Layaway plans available!