brg_admin | Jan 1, 2021 | 0
5 Natural Ways to Boost Your Energy Levels
If lethargy is constantly dragging you down day after day, there could be something amiss with your energy equation. Follow these tips to help you make amends in your lifestyle and boost your energy levels naturally:
- Be mindful of your diet– Food is your body’s chief source of energy, and you want to be sure that you’re hitting the recommended daily allowances (RDAs) for all nutrients. Crucial for maintaining normal body function, this can be achieved by choosing whole, nutritious foods for your meals. Also, steer clear of sugary foods. Although they provide a quick energy boost, the spike in blood sugar triggers insulin release in large amounts, leading to an equally rapid slump.
- Get enough sleep – Sleep not only helps your systems rest and rejuvenate, but research has also shown that it increases levels of ATP (energy-carrying molecules). Therefore, you should aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each day.
- Maintain hydration – Even with enough nutrients and sleep, you’ll still find yourself drained and lethargic if you’re not drinking enough water throughout the day. Water is involved in multiple bodily functions, from breathing to digestion and temperature regulation so keep drinking up.
- Get moving – Exercise boosts circulation and raises the body’s oxygen-carrying capabilities. It also improves mitochondrial activity — or the capability of your cells to generate energy — so your muscles are able to sustain the activity. That makes exercise perfect anytime you start to feel lethargic. A light 10-minute jog or brisk walk can provide a 2-hour energy boost, which is much better than any snack. Do it on the regular, and you’ll notice a substantial increase in your stamina.
- Visit a chiropractor – More than just spinal adjustments, chiropractic care is focused on helping your body function at its optimal best. It can relieve you of issues that might be zapping you of energy, including pain, stiffness, and postural imbalances. It can also help promote better sleep.
Dr. Duy Bui is a board-certified chiropractic physician at ReNu Chiropractic Health with offices in Aloha and Beaverton. Visit renuchiro.com or for more information, call (503) 406-2020.