At THPRD, there is a lot to be thankful for! Come and join us
Save the Date: Winter Registration is Coming Soon!
Registration for Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District’s winter programs, classes and activities begins Saturday, December 4, at 8 am for in-district residents. Out-of-district registration begins on Monday, December 6.
- Winter Schedule Available Online November 12: Details will be available on the district’s website www.thprd.org. THPRD will not be producing a comprehensive paper activities guide this winter but will have print copies available of each center’s offerings in facilities.
- On-line registration is encouraged! The fastest, easiest, and best way to register is at www.thprd.org.
- In-person at one of our facilities: Walk-in registration at our open facilities is available starting on Saturday, December 4, for in-district patrons that need extra help. The website’s registration portal is still the preferred – and quickest – method, but if you need the help, come on in. Facilities open at different hours, and not all centers are currently open to the public, so be sure to check the opening times on our web site.
- Centro de Bienvenida: We have bilingual staff and volunteers serving Spanish-speaking patrons. All non-English speakers needing extra assistance are encouraged to attend this event. Running from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday, December 4, at THPRD’s Howard M. Terpenning Complex at 15707 SW Walker Rd.
- Telephone Registration Still Available: You can call 503-439-9400 to register. Phone registration may have a longer wait time. To avoid wait times, we highly encourage on-line registration.
- Financial Aid is Available: THPRD offers financial assistance to people to help offset the expense of registering for classes. Households whose income fall below the Federal Free Meal Guidelines are eligible to receive up to $200 per person annually in fee waivers. For a family of four, this would result in the family having $800 per year to use to register for THPRD programming. To learn more and apply for financial aid, please visit www.thprd.org/activities/financial-aid.
Stuhr Center is Reopened and You Can Help a Senior!
THPRD is excited to welcome back guests 55 and better to the Stuhr Center. The facility reopened on September 13 with limited activities including weight/cardio room, coffee bar, fitness classes and rentals.
Want to help a senior enjoy the Stuhr Center? We have a special campaign underway where you can make a donation to the Tualatin Hills Foundation and sponsor a senior for a monthly pass to the center. Donations are tax deductible. Help us help up to 200 seniors enjoy monthly passes by donating here http://www.thpf.org/v3/donateprograms.cfm.
Join the THPRD Budget Committee
THPRD is encouraging community members to apply for openings on the district’s Budget Committee. There are two positions available. The deadline to submit applications is Monday, November 8, 2021.
People of all backgrounds and experience levels are encouraged to apply. These positions are critical to represent the broad perspectives of district patrons.
The Budget Committee meets at least three times per year to 1) review the current year budget and operating results; 2) discuss the proposed budget for the upcoming year; and 3) approve the budget to be considered for adoption by the Board of Directors. Other meetings may be scheduled as the committee deems necessary.
Applications are available online at www.thprd.org/district-information/advisory-committees/budget.