Donate to school kids this holiday: Clothes for Kids
A community program is asking for donations of winter clothes to help kids in the area. Clothes for Kids, a program run by the Beaverton School District, provides free clothing to students from families with limited income.
As the weather gets colder, the program is in urgent need of items like winter coats, pants, underwear, socks and sneakers. Donations can be new or gently used and should be clean and school appropriate.
Donations can be dropped off at the Beaverton School District office at 16550 SW Merlo Rd. Donation bins are available Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Financial donations can also be made online or in check. More information on the BSD website,
Students can visit Clothes for Kids two times per school year. To schedule an appointment, please use the ParentSquare login button or call 503-356-4322.
We appreciate donations of clean, school-appropriate, gently-used or new clothing and shoes. Most urgent needs:
- Boys and mens winter jackets, sizes 10-XXL
- Boys and girls jeans and pants (elastic waist preferred), sizes 5-10
- Girls short-sleeve shirts, sizes 6-18, S-XXL
- Boys & mens athletic shorts, sizes boys M – mens XXL
- Mens athletic shorts, all sizes, especially L-XL
- Girls leggings, sizes 6-8
- Womens underwear, S-M (5-6), must be new in package
- Mens underwear, M (boxer briefs preferred), must be new in package
- Socks in all sizes, especially boys and girls large for shoe size 3-9; must be new in package
- Boys sneakers size 5-8.5
Ongoing program needs:
- New underwear and socks for all ages and sizes
- Pants for elementary-aged students in sizes 5-12
- Coats for elementary-aged students in sizes 5-12
- Department store shopping bags with handles
Please call Volunteer Services at 503-356-4443 to schedule “lost and found” school drop-offs.
We accept financial contributions online using our Online Payment System. Select “Beaverton School District,” then select “Clothes for Kids Donation.” All the proceeds go to purchasing clothing and shoes for BSD students..
For more local news, visit www.kptv.com.