Troy Brisbin | Jan 1, 2023 | 0
Don’t forget your vitamin B’s, all 8 of them!
You probably have heard that Vitamin B is important, and maybe you have even heard of B complex vitamins. There are 8 types of B Vitamins: B1, B2. B3. B5, B6, B7, B9, and B12.
Why the strange order?
There are actually 12 types of B’s, but B4, B8, B10 and B11 are not considered vitamins. To be a vitamin, your body has to require it to survive.
B Vitamins play a part in nearly every part of your body systems. Vitamin B deficiency is often considered related to depression, and fatigue. So where do they come from and where can we get them? There are B Complex supplements, and additives that can add more B’s to your diet, but there are potential long term risks taken in higher doses.
There are also plenty of foods that contain B vitamins.
- B1: This is one of the most common. Salmon, eggs, legumes, nuts, tofu, and whole grains are some healthy options, and also contain many of the other B’s as well.
- B2: This is also a common vitamin that can be found in all the same foods listed for B1 except whole grains.
- B3: Following the same list, this vitamin can be found in salmon, eggs, and whole grains.
- B5: You can find B5 in salmon, eggs, legumes, and whole grains.
- B6: This vitamin is in salmon, legumes, nuts, tofu, and whole grains.
- B7: Eggs, legumes, and nuts are good sources of B7.
- B9: Salmon and Tofu both are rich in B9.
- B12: Salmon is key to your B12s on this list.
Eating a meal with salmon and legumes alone would help your intake of all 8 B vitamins, or you could use plant-based protein, tempeh, nutritional yeast, or nori seaweed for a vegan option. Stress, alcohol consumption, and less exercise can be a drain on your B-vitamin reserve. Look to foods or even a supplement to give you a boost, your body will thank you for it.
D’Vida offers integration with acupuncture, chiropractic, and massage from real trained experts who want one thing; to get you better. With over 200 5-star reviews, patients seem to agree. Call today. 503-626 2166.