Enjoy a cruise closer to Home! Experience River Cruises in the USA
Cruise the Mississippi River from the banks of the Bayou to the shores of St. Louis. Your journey starts in the French Quarter, the oldest neighborhood in the vibrant city of New Orleans, brimming with art, music, and culture.
Continue to Baton Rouge and Natchez, where you will experience the best in southern hospitality while touring historic homes and grand plantations. Enjoy a captivating lecture from our onboard Civil War historian on an exclusive tour of the Vicksburg National Military Park. While in Memphis, tour Graceland, once home to Elvis Presley, the king of Rock n’ Roll. Explore Paducah also known as “Quilt City,” and peruse its many museums and art galleries, before docking at St. Louis, home of The Gateway Arch, our nation’s tallest man-made monument.
You can also choose our Historic South & Golden Isles Cruise / 9 Days-8 Nights – (special rates and amenities for April, 22, 2023). On this Golden Isles river cruise from Charleston, through the Intracoastal Waterway, to Amelia Island you’ll see the extravagant homes of Jekyll Island, stroll through the cobblestone streets of Savannah, GA, and discover dolphins on Hilton Head Island. The Intracoastal Waterway, home to some of the most beautiful historic cities in America, is a protected network of bays, rivers, and canals. Start your journey in Charleston, lined with cobblestone streets and antebellum houses, and where the first shots of the Civil War were heard.
Continue to scenic Beaufort and learn what life was like on a southern plantation from our resident expert in period costume. Enjoy the scenic beaches and abundant wildlife at Hilton Head, before traveling to Savannah to tour its historic districts showcasing 19th-century wealth and opulence. In Jekyll Island, visit “Millionaire’s Village,” a National Historic Landmark with 240-acres of extravagant homes and winter cottages built over 100 years ago. On your final stop at Amelia Island, take a river cruise and walking tour through the Victorian seaport of Fernandina Beach.
USA River Itineraries:
- Complete Mississippi River Cruise – 22 Days
- Grand Heartland Cruise – 15 Days
- Highlights Of The Mississippi River – 5 Days
- Lower Mississippi River Cruise – 8 Days
- Mississippi River Gateway Cruise – 11 Days
- Music Cities Cruise – 8 Days
- New Orleans – 8 Days
- Ohio River Cruise – 11 Days
- The Tennessee Rivers Cruise – 8 Days
- Upper Mississippi River Cruise – 8 Days
- Columbia And Snake Rivers Cruise – 8 Days
- Highlights of the Columbia River Cruise – 5 Days
- Northwest Pioneers Cruise – 11 Days
- Grand New England Cruise – 11 Days
- Hudson River Cruises – 8 Days
- Maine Coast and Harbors Cruise – 8 Days
- New England Islands Cruise – 8 Days
- The Cape Codder Cruise – 8 Days
- Alaska Inside Passage Cruise – 15 Days
- Alaskan Explorer Cruise – 11 Days
- Southeast Alaska Cruise – 8 Days
- American Revolution Cruise – 11 Days
- Chesapeake Bay Cruise – 8 Days
- East Coast Inland Passage Cruise – 15 Days
- Great Rivers of Florida Cruise – 8 Days
- Historic South and Golden Isles Cruise – 9 Days – (*Special rates and amenities for April 22, 2023 cruise!)
- Grand Puget Sound – 11 Days
- Puget Sound and San Juan Islands Cruise – 8 Days
We appreciate your continued support of small businesses like ours. Please know our commitment to providing the best vacations will never waver, nor will our commit-ment to you, our valued Travelers.
Joyce Bates is the owner of Sun Connections Travel & Cruises, the ‘go to’ travel agency for all occasions. For more information on this subject or to book your next trip, visit www.sunconnections.com or call 503-655-4850. * Travel Layaway plans available! *