Enjoy a Summer Fitness & Fun with THPRD (THPRD is Hiring Now for Summer!)
Lots of positions are available at THPRD. Enjoy your summer as a camp counselor, maintenance technician, aquatics professional, gym monitor, custodian, gymnastics and sports instructors, inclusion assistants, and more!
THPRD can offer flexible hours, a fun work team, and lots of variety in job options. Learn more and apply today at www.thprd.org.
FREE Fitness in the Park this Summer!
Enjoy the outdoors and achieve your fitness goals in these family-friendly workouts. All ages and fitness levels welcome! FREE Fitness in the Park runs from July 5 – August 27.
- Mondays & Wednesdays at 6 pm – Zumba ® at Tallac Terrace Park. Meet at the covered area off Timberland Dr.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 6 pm – Yoga at Griffith Park. Meet in the middle of the park.
- Saturdays at 9 am – Yoga at Center Street Park. Meet at the playground.
- Sundays at 10 am – Tai Chi at Melilah Park. Meet at the basketball court.
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Are you looking for engaging opportunities for younger tweens and teens? THPRD has lots of options available. Here are some summer fun volunteer opportunities to consider:
- Community & Cultural Events: Ages 14+. Volunteers typically sign-up for 2 – 6 hour shifts to support summer events. These are one-day sign-up opportunities.
- Habitat Restoration, Trail Improvements & Gardening Events: All ages, youth 13 and under must be with an adult. Sign-up for 2-3 hour shifts.
- Junior Lifeguard: Ages 12+. Train to become a lifeguard. Complete the Junior Lifeguard course and get great experience for your future job prospects.
- RISE Leadership Program: Ages 13+. This year we will welcoming youth as young as 13 to join the RISE program. Applicants commit to 80 hours of service by volunteering at district events, summer camps, and child care programs.
All of these volunteer opportunities help youth build skills and their resumes to begin their employment journey.
Summer Events at THPRD
There is a lot happening at THPRD this month! Check out these July events.
- 4th of July Summer Concert – Featuring Britnee Kellogg, starts at 11 am at Veterans Memorial Park.
- Enchanted Family Days – July 7 from 10 am – 12 pm at Hazeldale Park
- Concert in the Park – Featuring Pa’Lante on July 14 from 6 – 8 pm at Cedar Hills Park.
- Tianquiztli 2022: Anahuaca Cultural Market on July 16 from 6 – 8 pm at Schiffler Park
- Rock the Park – July 20 from 6 – 8 pm at Parivar Park
- Enchanted Family Days – July 27 from 10 am – 12 pm at Barrows Park
Find your summer event online at the district calendar www.thprd.org/events/.