brg_admin | Sep 1, 2020 | 0
Hey teens, another boring summer? No way! Here are 5 easy things to try
Since the school year is finally done, all you teenagers out there might be scrounging for anything to do. Since yes, we are teenagers and most likely don’t have a ton of money…
I’ve come up with 5 cheap, fun things to do.
- Go on a hike. Nothing compares to the feeling of reaching the top of that mountain you’ve always wanted to climb, or hiking on those little trails that you always see on Instagram. Hikes are a great way to have fun and exercise!! Some of my favorite hikes are Angels Rest and Mt. St. Helens (if you’re looking for a real challenge!).
- Start a new book. A lot of people, myself sometimes included, underestimate how enjoyable reading is. Find a new book, play some music, sit in your favorite outdoor location and just read for a little while! If you’re into sad-romance novels, I definitely recommend All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.
- Have a game night with friends. You don’t always need to go somewhere to have a fun time. Make some food, get some friends together, and just have a chill night playing games!
- Go thrifting. Thrifting is a super cheap, fun, and eco-friendly way to get unique clothes! Some of my favorite clothes are from thrift stores. The best local spots include Value Village and Goodwill Superstores.
- Find a new show. I’m not saying you should stay inside all summer and watch Netflix, but that’s exactly what I’m saying. Taking a couple hours every once and awhile to binge a new show is always super fun. I love Umbrella Academy and Grey’s Anatomy!!
Next time you get bored, try out some of these things!!!
Kili is a junior at Mountainside High School. She loves singing, playing piano and ukulele, and also running track and field.