Hiring a pro is critical if you are planning on selling
It can be tempting, especially with how hot the housing market has been over the past two years, to consider selling your home on your own. But today’s market is at a turning point, making it more essential than ever to work with a real estate professional.
Here are five reasons why working with a real estate professional makes sense today.
- Latest Market Trends: With higher mortgage rates, rising home prices, and a growing number of homes for sale, today’s market is showing signs of a shift back toward more pre-pandemic levels. When conditions change, following the trends and staying on top of new information is crucial when you sell. They know your local area and follow national trends too. More importantly, they’ll know what this data means for you.
- Maximize Your Pool of Buyers: Your agent’s role in bringing in buyers is important and have a large variety of tools at their disposal, such as social media followers, agency resources/marketing, and the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to ensure your house is viewed by the most buyers.
- Understand the Fine Print: Today, more disclosures and regulations are mandatory when selling a house. That means the number of legal documents you’ll need to juggle is growing.
A pro knows exactly what needs to happen, what all the paperwork means, and how to work through it efficiently. They’ll help you avoid any costly missteps that could occur if you try to handle them on your own.
- Trained Negotiator: If you sell without a professional, you’ll also be solely responsible for all the negotiations. That means you’ll have to coordinate with:
- The buyer
- The buyer’s agent
- The home inspector
- The appraiser
Instead of going toe-to-toe with all these parties alone, lean on an expert.
- Set the Right Price for Your House: If you sell your house on your own, you may over or undershoot your asking price. That could mean you’ll leave money on the table, or your house will sit on the market because you priced it too high. Pros know the ins and outs of how to price your house accurately and competitively.
Bottom Line: Whether it’s following local and national trends and guiding you through a shifting market or pricing your house right, a REALTOR® has essential insights you’ll want to rely on throughout the transaction. If you plan to sell, let’s connect so you have an expert on your side.
Let’s connect so I can help you strategize to achieve your dream of homeownership this season.
Questions about buying or selling a home in Beaverton? Contact Donna Meeuwsen at 503.583.3200 or email email@example.com