It’s that time! Healthy, happy, back-to-school tips for parents
Parents and caregivers can breathe a sigh of relief as kids head back to school and routines return. These five tips will ensure you and your mini-me lay the foundation for academic and social success.
- Get enough sleep: A consistent routine improves overall well-being and performance in school.
- Keep hydrated: Proper hydration is vital for concentration, energy levels, and overall health.
- Pick a good backpack: Choose an appropriately sized backpack for your child’s age and ensure it has padded straps and a padded back. Your child’s back and posture will thank you!
- Limit Screen Time: Studies show excessive screen time can negatively impact sleep, posture, and overall health. Set limits on screen time, including TV, computer, and smartphone use.
- Manage stress: Teach your child stress management techniques, such as deep breathing, mindfulness, or relaxation exercises. These skills can help them cope with academic and social challenges.
Creating a supportive and nurturing environment at home can significantly contribute to your child’s success and well-being as they head back to school. And remember, you are their biggest role model! If they see you prioritizing sleep, eating well, and staying active, they are more likely to adopt these habits.
By Dr. Bryen A. Bell, a Board-Certified Chiropractic Physician with over 20 years of professional experience. Contact Dr. Bell at True Potential Chiropractic family care facility. Call 503-574-4872 or visit tpcportland.com.