brg_admin | Aug 1, 2021 | 0
Registration is OPEN: THPRD has a wide range of online options
Please visit our website www.thprd.org and register for your virtual class today.
Find your favorite activity at THPRD:
- Raleigh Swim Center is Open. Under updated state guidance, THPRD was able to open the outdoor pool. Space is very limited, we appreciate the public’s patience as this is the only pool we can open at this time. Lanes can be reserved for individual lap swim at the district’s registration site www.thprd.org/portal.
- Mobile Recreation is Back. In January we are able to bring THPRD’s various mobile recreation programs for youth, people experiencing disabilities, and seniors. Thanks to grants from Washing County and the Tualatin Hills Park Foundation these programs will be ongoing through June.
- Drive-In BINGO. This popular event is back at the Elsie Sthur Center parking lot. Visit our website for dates.
- FREE Fitness in the Park. We have FREE fitness class options for people in parks throughout the district from mid-January to mid-March. All classes are held in compliance with state health and safety guidelines.
THPRD Board of Directors Elections Coming in May
On May 18, 2021, an election will be held to elect board members for three positions on the THPRD Board of Directors. Positions are at-large, meaning they serve the entire district, and terms last for four years. Board members may receive a taxable stipend of up to $200 per month.
THPRD is a special purpose local government formed to administer park and recreation services within the City of Beaverton and portions of unincorporated Washington County. The Board is the governing body for the District.
- The Board is made up of five members elected by voters within the District.
- Board members set District policy and oversee the annual budget of more than $60 million.
The first date to file for an office is February 6, 2021. The filing deadline is March 18, 2021. The election will be held on May 18, 2021. The election is administered by the Washington County Elections Division.
To learn more, visit www.co.washington.or.us/elections