brg_admin | Jan 1, 2021 | 0
Remodeling projects for summer, Add some value to your home
Best Remodeling Projects for the Summer that add value when selling your home.
Painting your home with one coat of exterior paint can brighten up your home’s appearance without a lot of cost. Spending a $1000 on painting can add up to $1500 to your home’s value.
Other high value remodeling projects include:
- Garage door replacement gives a 97.9% return on investment (ROI) with an average cost of $3626.
- Steel entry door replacement has a 93.8 % ROI for an average cost of $1851.
- A minor kitchen remodel provides an 88.4% ROI that has an average cost of $22,958.
- Replacing your sliding gets an 85.9% ROI for an average cost of $16, 974.
- Manufactured stone veneer gives an 83% ROI with an average cost of $8,809.
Some other remodeling projects that best are done during Summer include:
- Roof replacement with an average cost is $22,994. Roofs last an average of 20 – 25 years before needing replacement. There are contractors that can test and certify your current roof’s lifespan.
- Wood Deck addition with an average cost of $15, 556.
- Vinyl window replacement has an average cost of $17,060 and may be eligible for an Energy Trust of Oregon rebate (for more information check www.energytrust.org).
- Landscaping improvements along with fence repair or replacement can improve your home’s appeal.
Because contractors who specialize in these areas often get very busy it in the Summer is best to call now to get bids and schedule the work. Also checking the contractor’s license status on the Oregon CCB’s web site www.ccb.state.or.us along with making inquiries to the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org/us/or/portland on the contractor’s history in handling consumer complaints is one of the best ways to make sure you are working with a reputable licensed contractor.
Information on return on investment (ROI) and average costs are according to The Remodeling 2019 Cost vs. Value Report www.costvsvalue.com. By Dave Hiller, Broker: feel free to contact me at 503-729-8797, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit homepdxrealestate.com.