BRG | Feb 1, 2024 | 0
Summer Events Season in Full Swing In Tualatin Valley
Check out these free events!
Every weekend of summer is chock-full with free lively events throughout Tualatin Valley (locally known as Washington County). From music and art festivals to the annual county fair, there is something for families to explore in July.
- Ten Tiny Dances- July 8 at The Beaverton Round, (tentinydances.org). Watch ten talented choreographers perform on one very small stage at the Beaverton Round. This highly anticipated, free event presents the work of exemplary contemporary and traditional choreographers on a four-foot-by-four-foot stage and highlights the artistic and cultural diversity of Beaverton.
- Tigard Music Fest- July 14-16 at Downtown Tigard, (tigardmusicfestival.com). The 2nd Annual Tigard Music Fest kicks off on a Friday for three days of live music with 21 national performers and hometown favorites on two stages.
- La Strada dei Pastelli Chalk Art Festival- July 15-16 at Downtown Hillsboro, (tvcreates.org) La Strada dei Pastelli Chalk Art Festival is a FREE summer festival featuring a window into the creative process. Festival-goers can engage with nationally recognized and emerging visual artists as they carefully create colorful chalk art drawings down the center of the street.
- Sherwood Robin Hood Fest- July 14-15 at Old Town Sherwood, (robinhoodfestival.org). Old Town Sherwood transforms itself into a picturesque Renaissance village for this annual event. Meet Maid Marian and her Court, as well as the dashing Robin Hood. The merriment includes live music from popular modern-day bands from the Portland area, a Vendor Village with great shopping, a knighting ceremony and more.
- Washington County Fair- July 21-30 at Westside Commons, Hillsboro, (bigfairfun.com). The Washington County Fair is your place for BIG FAIR FUN at Westside Commons in Hillsboro. This annual fair includes amusement rides, live entertainment, food, livestock exhibits, and more.
- Viva Tualatin! A Celebration of Arts and Culture, July 22 at Atfalati Park, Tualatin (tualatinoregon.gov). ¡Viva Tualatin! A Celebration of Arts and Culture honors Tualatin’s vibrant Latino, Pacific Islander and Asian communities. Enjoy art activities, food, and live performances, including a special concert by Sabroso, featuring some of Portland’s most well-known and talented musicians.
For more information about these events and a listing of events and festivals in Tualatin Valley, visit tualatinvalley.org.