BRG | Feb 1, 2024 | 0
Ten stress-less tips for the holidays
The holidays can be stressful, depressing, and isolating for many reasons. Here are some practical ways to reduce stress and get more enjoyment from the season:
- Plan ahead. A schedule or to-do list will help you stay organized and manage your time. Also, set a budget in advance for gifts to avoid financial duress.
- Prioritize self-care. Make time to calm your nervous systems and recharge your dopamine. Making sure to get enough sleep will allow you to recharge and re-energize.
- Delegate tasks. You don’t have to do all the holiday stuff alone. Ask for help from family or friends.
- Be realistic. Perfection is not necessary for joy.
- Limit commitments. Avoid overloading your schedule with too many social events. It’s okay to say no if you need some downtime.
- Mindful eating. Stay hydrated and be moderate with food and alcohol consumption.
- Manage expectations: A plan for handling difficult conversations or situations can reduce stress and conflict.
- Take a break. Step away from the holiday rush by taking short breaks to relax and recharge with activities you enjoy.
- Practice gratitude. Focus on the positive aspects of the season and express gratitude for what you have.
- Seek professional help. If you find holiday stress overwhelming and it negatively impacts your mental health, consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor.
These strategies can reduce your stress so you can fully enjoy the festivities with a greater sense of peace and well-being.
By Dr. Bryen A. Bell, a Board-Certified Chiropractic Physician with over 20 years of professional experience. Contact Dr. Bell at True Potential Chiropractic family care facility. Call 503-574-4872 or visit tpcportland.com.