BRG | Feb 1, 2024 | 0
The 2024 season looks to be bigger and better than ever. The Market comes back Feb. 3rd!
While the market is taking a brief pause until February 3rd, the work for our team never stops. Applications are already pouring in for the 2024 season, which promises to be bigger and better than ever. We are excited to welcome some of our regulars back, and some new businesses that bring fresh food, exciting ideas, and innovation to our community.
The market is also hard at work securing a $7,500 grant from the Tualatin Water and Soil Conservation District, which combined with a $2,500 donation from the market, forms our TWSCD/BFM Vendor Development Grant. This grant provides much-needed assistance to small businesses farms for projects that help them grow.
While we continue to work on the 2024 season, we are never too busy to cook our favorite veggies and right now we are in love with this recipe for a winter favorite – brussels sprouts.
We hope you enjoy it as well. We look forward to seeing you back at the market in February!
Market Recipe: Honey Sriracha Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sriracha*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Flaky sea salt and black pepper for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with 2 sheet pans on the center racks.
- Trim the root ends of the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice them lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sriracha, honey, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir them around in the mixture.
- Remove the preheated sheet pans from the oven. Spread the Brussels sprouts across the pans.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes until brown and crisp at the edges, using a spatula to flip and toss the sprouts about halfway through cooking.
- Season the Brussels sprouts with flaky sea salt and black pepper to taste before serving.