THPRD Facilities Reopened: Registration is OPEN
With Washington County progressing from the Extreme Risk to High-Risk category in terms of COVID-19, THPRD is pleased to be able to open additional amenities to the public.
- Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center: Center open Monday – Friday from 7 am to 6:30 pm. Closed weekends. Offering weight room & fitness classes. Additionally, Conestoga will offer lap swim, water fitness, and water walking.
- Cedar Hills Recreation Center: Center open Monday – Friday from 7 am to 6:30 pm. Closed weekends. Offering weight room & fitness classes.
- Babette Horenstein Tennis Center: Open Monday – Friday from 9 am to 9 pm and Saturday & Sunday 9 am to 5 pm. Reservations and instructional classes offered.
- Tualatin Hills Athletic Center: Center open Monday – Friday from 7 am to 7 pm. Offering weight room, walking track, youth classes and fitness programs.
The following facilities will remain closed through at least June 30, 2021: Elsie Stuhr Center, Garden Home Recreation Center, Aloha Swim Center, Beaverton Swim Center, Harman Swim Center, and the Sunset Swim Center.
Health and Safety
All facilities will be in compliance with state guidelines for health and safety. Building visitors will be required to wear face masks. To learn more about state guidelines visit
Summer Registration Planning
Summer planning is well underway at the district. THPRD staff are designing summer camps that are adaptable to the various statewide risk framework guidance.
THPRD will be able to offer both full and half-day camps, preschool camps, sports camps and nature camps. If the county moved to the Moderate Risk category, then we’ll be able to offer additional indoor camps such as cooking. Either way, our staff have a flexible solid approach! We’ll also be offering camps at more locations than last year.
Here are some key dates to know:
- April 12: Summer programming available online
- May 1: In-District Registration
- May 3: Out-of-District Registration
- June 21: Summer Camps/Classes Begin
Facebook in Spanish Launched
On February 1, THPRD launched a Facebook in Spanish page “Facebook en Español” as part of the district’s efforts to connect with our Spanish-speaking community. https://www.facebook.com/THPRDenEspanol
THPRD Board of Directors Elections Coming in May
On May 18, 2021, an election will be held to elect board members for three positions on the THPRD Board of Directors. Positions are at-large, meaning they serve the entire district, and terms last for four years. Board members may receive a taxable stipend of up to $200 per month.
THPRD is a special purpose local government formed to administer park and recreation services within the City of Beaverton and portions of unincorporated Washington County. The Board is the governing body for the District.
- The Board is made up of five members elected by voters within the District.
- Board members set District policy and oversee the annual budget of more than $60 million.
- The filing deadline is March 18, 2021. The election will be held on May 18, 2021. The election is administered by the Washington County Elections Division.
To learn more, visit www.co.washington.or.us/elections