THPRD News: July is full of fun and sun, join us!
Youth Volunteer Opportunities: Youth 13+ can join our RISE program and build their skills. We also have Junior Lifeguard opportunities for youth 12+. Check our website for details.
July THPRD Park Events
- 4th of July Concert & Celebration at Veteran’s Memorial Park: 11 am – 2pm
- Eid al-Adha Celebration at Cedar Hills Park: July 9 from 3:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tianquiztli Traditional Cultural Market at Schiffler Park: July 15 from 6 – 8 pm
- Theater in the Park at Pío Pío Park: July 20 from 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Concert in the Park at Commonwealth Lake: July 27 from 6 – 8 pm
- Picnic in the Park at the Tualatin Hills Athletic Center: July 28 from 10 am – 2:30 pm
- Let’s Flamingle Aquatic Celebration at Conestoga Rec & Aquatic Center: July 28 from 6 – 8 pm
- Peruvian Cultural Festival at Cedar Hills Rec Center: July 29 from 3 – 9 pm
Park and Nature & Trail Developments
- La Raíz Park – We are excited to begin construction in June! The park will feature a multipurpose court, two covered picnic areas, paved and soft-surface paths, open lawn areas surrounded by trees and natural plantings, multiple play areas including a water play feature, and more. Construction is scheduled to be complete in December.
- Chickadee Trail Boardwalk – Construction is complete on the boardwalk at the Tualatin Hills Nature Park and the trail is now open. Come check it out!
- Evelyn Schiffler Park community garden expansion project -The garden includes (9) new raised ADA accessible garden beds and (24) new grade planter boxes.
- Book a Shelter at a Park for Your Next Gathering – Did you know that THPRD has shelters you can rent all year long? We’ve added new locations this summer and now offer 14 rentable shelters across the district. We can accommodate events from small family gatherings, birthday parties, or larger neighborhood/company events. Rental rates are available now on our website.
Other THPRD News
- Youth basketball and volleyball registration – Summer registration is open and the season starts in July.
- Mayan Art Exhibition – Join us in exploring the unique artwork of Ch´i´ibal Kaan (Pedro Parra) in an amazing Mayan Art Exhibition full of rich culture of ancient Mayan heritage. Happening from June 23 – August 6, 2023 at the Conestoga Aquatic & Recreation Center.
- Calling all Coaches – Volunteers Needed: Coaches for year-round youth athletic leagues are needed to volunteer. Give back to your community and inspire youth by creating a positive environment that promotes self-confidence and self-esteem. Basketball: Winter, Spring, and Summer for grades 5-12. Volleyball: Fall and Summer for grades 4-12
- Fitness in the Park: The Fitness in the Park schedule is available at www.thprd.org and new FREE classes are available every week in parks throughout the district.
- Lifeguarding and Junior Guard Classes: Classes focus on developing swimming skills to help participants meet the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training course prerequisites and improve stroke technique. The camp and class introduce participants to lifesaving skills, including in-water rescues, rescue tube use, first aid, CPR, and AED skills (no certifications).
Learn more here: http://www.thprd.org/activities/aquatics/lifeguard-training-and-certification. Visit www.thprd.org/events/ to find out more information about all these events and more!