To Reduce Inflammation: 5 Ways You Can Do Right Now
You may not realize it, but there is a silent assassin that may be damaging your body in tiny ways each and every day. Chronic inflammation can cause your body to deteriorate and increase the chance of negative health consequences. This silent attacker leads to many struggles that men and women suffer from daily.
While inflammation that occurs due to injury or illness is normal and necessary for the body’s natural recovery, consistent and unnecessary inflammation can negatively affect the arteries, organs, and joints. Over time, this inflammation will damage the body’s daily functions and worsen health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and more.
What Causes Inflammation?
If you engage in dietary behaviors that are unhealthy or don’t provide your body with the exercise it needs to function at a healthy level, the body’s natural response may eventually lead to inflammation.
Here are 5 ways you can take right now to turn the tide:
- Introduce anti-inflammatory foods into your daily diets, such as fruit, vegetables, and items rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Take an inventory of your current diet and identify foods that are increasing your inflammation. These may include trans-fat filled fried or processed foods, as well as industrial and processed meat.
- Limit your carbohydrate intake to reduce your blood sugar.
- Add daily exercise to your routine.
- Reduce your stress levels by introducing healthier habits and relationships to your life.
The journey to reducing inflammation is completed through dedication to small, daily steps in the right direction. By putting in place new habits and routines focused on your health and wellness, you can reduce inflammation and begin to enjoy your life once more!
Dr. Duy Bui is a board-certified chiropractic physician at ReNu Chiropractic Health with offices in Aloha and Beaverton. Visit renuchiro.com or for more information, call (503) 406-2020.