brg_admin | Aug 1, 2020 | 0
Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District: Connecting People, Parks and Nature: Plenty of summer fun ahead with music, triathlon for all, big trucks and more
by Bob Wayt
Looking for family fun this summer? It’s hard to beat THPRD’s entertainment lineup. There’s something for just about every age group and interest. And to make it even better, most activities are free.
Like music? Theater? How about trucks suitable for honking, or a non-competitive triathlon for people of all abilities? A celebration of Latinos in Beaverton? The park district has them all and more. And thanks to a partnership with the City of Beaverton, the fun starts in late June and lasts through mid- September.
Here are all of the scheduled events and activities in chronological order. For more information, including addresses, visit thprd.org/summercelebrations:
- June 20, 6-7:30 pm, Picnic in the Park at Autumn Ridge Park (all Picnic in the Park events are at THPRD parks in partnership with the City of Beaverton).
- June 25, 6 am, THPRD’s outdoor pools at Somerset West Swim Center and Raleigh Park Swim open for the summer.
- July 4, 11 am-1 pm, Independence Day concert at Veterans Memorial Park with Britnee Kellogg (a new event).
- July 7, 6-8:30 pm, Original Practice Shakespeare Theater at Elsie Stuhr Center.
- July 12, 6-8 pm, concert at Arnold Park with ¡Chiringa!
- July 19, 6-8 pm, concert at Greenway Park with Petty Fever.
- July 28, 11 am-4 pm, Party in the Park at THPRD’s Howard M. Terpenning Recreation Complex (the district’s biggest community event of the year, with almost everything free).
- 1, 6-7:30 pm, Picnic in the Park at Camille Park.
- 2, 6 pm-late, Picnic in the Park/Sexton Mountain NAC Movie Night at Carolwood Park.
- 4, 10 am-2 pm, Big Truck Day at Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center, now in its 20th year.
- 9, 6-8 pm, concert at Cedar Mill Park with The Seymour Baker Band.
- 11, 9 am-2 pm, All Ability Tri4Youth at the HMT Complex (family members of all abilities swim, bike and run together).
- 19, 2-6 pm, Fiesta en el Parque at Schiffler Park (a new event celebrating Beaverton’s Latino culture).
- 23, 6-8 pm, concert at Raleigh Park with My Happy Pill.
- 14, 6:30-9 pm, Celebrating Indian Culture, and Sept. 15, 1-4 pm, Beaverton International Celebration (both events at Conestoga Recreation & Aquatic Center in partnership with the City of Beaverton).
- Sept. 16, 1-4 pm, Cedar Mill Cider Festival at the John Quincy Adams Young House.