brg_admin | Jun 1, 2021 | 0
Valentine’s Wine Tasting Loop, February 14-16
One of the perks of living in the Beaverton area is the proximity to Oregon wine country. Wine country is literally in Beaverton’s backyard, and some of the region’s best wineries are closer than you think.
While wine tasting is a year-round affair, one of the most popular wine events of the year is the annual Valentine’s Wine Loop, February 14-16, 2020. More than a dozen of Tualatin Valley’s most esteemed wineries are joining up with area businesses and restaurants for a weekend of special events, wine tasting, food and more. This year’s event is sponsored by Ardiri Winery and Vineyards and Blizzard Wines.
Whether single or happily attached, there are lots of ways to celebrate Oregon wine along the Valentine’s Wine Loop, complete with chocolates and romantic touches of St. Valentine. Here’s a sneak peek of this year’s event.
Wineries in Beaverton
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards (20121 SW Leonardo Ln, Beaverton) will be pouring a curated tasting of wine, chocolates and strawberries paired with their own Apicio barrel-aged balsamic
Wineries in Cornelius
- A Blooming Hill Vineyard (5195 SW Hergert Rd., Cornelius) will feature a chocolate fountain, caviar chilled for tasting, and gorgeous and indulgent Oddball Cakeballs.
- Ardiri Winery and Vineyards (35040 SW Unger Rd., Cornelius) will be hosting a Rosé Soirée, a preview celebration of their 2019 Pink Tractor Rosé, plus a sweets bar and featured artisans, Dana Karin Jewelry & Mari Lassa handbags.
- Dion Vineyards (33155 Riedweg Road, Cornelius) will be opening its tasting room for this special weekend for wine lovers to spend Valentine’s weekend with their TRUE LOVE: Pinot Noir, bubbles and cake.
Wineries in Hillsboro
- Blizzard Wines (29495 SW Burlkhalter Rd. Hillsboro) will be pouring a special selection from their newly released Rosé of Grenache to Bold Reds, French Champagne, and even Port-style Dessert Syrah paired with a Moonstruck Chocolate Truffle.
- David Hill Vineyards and Winery (46350 NW David Hill Rd., Forest Grove) will be partnering with La Provence Boulangerie & Patisserie to highlight desserts to be paired with David Hill’s Old Vine Pinot Noir and LBV-style Port that has been barrel aged for five years.
- Freja Cellars Winery & Vineyards (16691 SW McFee Place, Hillsboro) will be open for Valentine’s weekend and pouring their estate-grown Albariño, a white varietal coming from Spain and Portugal, as well as Pinot Noir paired with small bites.
- Oak Knoll Winery (29700 SW Burkhalter Rd, Hillsboro) will be featuring tastings and hands-on experiences, such as crafting using corks, creating Valentine ornaments and decorating heart-shaped cookies.
- Ruby Vineyard and Winery (30088 SW Egger Rd., Hillsboro) will be tasting Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and their award-winning Pinot Noir. Flowers by Burkhardt’s will have bouquets available for purchase.
- Scotch Church Road and Vineyard (30125 NW Scotch Church Rd, Hillsboro) will be partnering with Resolu Cellars for a rustic boutique winery pop-up with craft wines paired with gourmet s’mores.
Wineries in Forest Grove
- Apolloni Vineyards (14135 NW Timmerman Rd., Forest Grove) will feature a day of Snuggles & Sparkling. What’s better than sipping sparkling wine and snuggling with dogs?
Wineries in Sherwood
- Blakeslee Vineyard (20875 SW Chapman Rd., Sherwood) will have a special tasting flight, plus red velvet sweetheart cupcakes.
Wineries in Gaston
- Patton Valley Vineyard (9449 SW Old Hwy 47 Gaston) will have guests create their own “Love Label.” Wine lovers will enjoy a flight of wines while creating a custom Rosé label.
- Plum Hill Vineyards (6505 SW Old Hwy. 47, Gaston) will be celebrating Valentine’s Weekend with a special local honey, nut and cheese board, a chocolate cup filled with Red Velvet 351, and a sale on dessert wines, perfect for last-minute Valentine gifts.
Additional Participating Wineries and Businesses
- Raptor Ridge Winery (18700 SW Hillsboro Hwy Newberg) will be celebrating Valentine’s weekend with a taste of their Brut Rose, eclectic varietals and a surprise library wine.
- Stoneberg Alpacas Farm and Boutique (28700 SW Farmington Road, Hillsboro) will warm up the Valentine’s Loop experience with a visit to the boutique for beautiful and cozy alpaca garments. Purchase a bag of grain to feed the alpacas and experience the love of these sweet animals up close.
- Cruise In Country Diner (9785 SW River Rd, Hillsboro), which has the classic feel of a 1950s-style diner with classic car décor, will be serving up grass-fed burgers, homemade fries, salads and shakes.
- Midway Firehouse Pizza (14805 SW Hillsboro Hwy, Hillsboro) will feature delicious gourmet pizzas, pizza salads, and local beer and wine on 16 taps. Take a break and watch the game on the big screen TVs or play in the game room.
In addition to wine tastings, wine lovers can enter to wine a “Wine Lovers Package,” which includes items from each winery and other local businesses. Collect stamps from four participating businesses for a chance to win a “Wine Lovers Package.” Two winners will be selected. Each basket is worth more than $500.
Most wineries will be open Friday-Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit tualatinvalley.org/valentines for more information, hours and prices.